UTechOnline has been upgraded! In academic year 2014-15, we will be operating in MOODLE 2.6. According to Martin Dougiamas, Founder and Director of the MOODLE Project, this version offers enhanced system performance and course management.
A few of the changes and the benefits to be derived have been highlighted below:
1. Annotate PDF files directly in the course page/web browser
- This means lecturers do not necessarily have to download students’ assignments to review them. Comments are added to the PDF document immediately.
2. Enhanced marking workflow and allocation
- This relates to displaying the status of student assignments submitted for grading, e.g. the lecturer can indicate if the assignment was “not marked”, “marking in progress” or “marking completed”.
3. Add a single activity course format
- This feature replaces the SCORM format. A forum, quiz or any other form of activity can be converted to course format as a standalone activity.
4. A more user-friendly TinyMCE editor
- New editing icons to easily edit course activities and resources. The display of the icons have also changed, in particular, the move and editing icons. A drop down menu for editing features is now embedded for a cleaner design.
We hope you enjoy better usability with the new features. Please feel free to provide feedback and suggestions.
Check out these videos here to see demonstrations of the changes by the MOODLE Project Team.