The Office of Distance Learning continues to offer Basic and Intermediate Training Online. Both online training sessions are Tutor-facilitated, self-paced and competency-based. After the successful completion of each unit you will be awarded a Badge and upon successful completion of the entire course you will receive a Certificate.
We advise that the Basic Training Online is done first if there has been no formal training or introduction to Moodle prior. The Basic Training is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and tools needed to facilitate the creation of an online module in Moodle.
At the end of the basic training session, participants will be able to:
- Access and log in to the Sandbox and UTechOnline via the links provided
- Create and/or edit their profiles
- Create/set up a blank course shell in the Sandbox
- Recognize the icons and their purpose
- Locate and enable the editing feature
- Add the following activity and resources to the course presentation area
- Set an enrolment key
- Assign non-editing roles to faculty members
- Navigate a course
The Intermediate Training aims at providing participants with the requisite training to use the advanced features of Moodle to customize and populate an online course shell. There are various activities within Moodle that can be integrated into a course that allows for student interaction and engagement.
On completion of the intermediate training programme, participants will be able to set up and use the following features to facilitate greater interaction and manage their online modules:
- Create quizzes in accordance with DL standards
- Set up different kinds of assignments
- Create a lesson activity
- Set up and manage a gradebook
- Generate reports
- Create a workshop activity
- Create a database activity
- Create a glossary
- Create a wiki
- Create games
- Establish groups within the online module
- Record attendance
- Create and use the choice activity to poll students
- Use the feedback activity to administer surveys and/or solicit feedback
- Create a book
- Create a chat
Redesigning the Basic and Intermediate Training Online Offering
The Office of Distance Learning is currently working on redesigning the way in which the Basic and Intermediate Training online are being offered. The aim is essentially to better captivate the attention and interest of the persons taking the online training through the use of a more interactive platform to be integrated in Moodle. The name of this platform is Articulate Storyline which is compatible with Moodle. Articulate Storyline is an e-learning authoring software which helps to simplify every aspect of course authoring and e-learning development.
Click the flyer below to register for one of our online trainings 🙂